With schools and universities across the globe needing to find ways to share their knowledge without face-to-face interaction with students, many of my colleagues are having to resort to online lecturing. In order to make some of my own knowledge and insights easily available I made a collage of short lectures that are available for not just my own students but to anyone who is interested. Below you can find the links to 8 short introductions.
- An Introduction to Environmental Education and Education for Sustainable Development (11 minutes)
2. Sustainability as an Attractively Vague Concept – a Competence Perspective (11 minutes)
3. An introduction to Wicked Sustainability Problems (12 minutes)
4. Intro: Transformative Learning in Relation to Sustainability (13 minutes)
5. Introduction to Social Learning and Sustainability – a short interview (4 minutes)
6. Introduction to Systems Thinking and Transitions (7 minutes)
7. Earth is Calling – Anybody Answering? How to use a smart phone as a teaching tool in education for sustainable development (21 minutes – note the actual lecture starts at minute 1 after a brief intro).
8. Three Strands of Research – a snapshot of research as ‘mining’, as learning and as activism (3 minutes)
9. Some thoughts on SDG 4